It’s the time of year to grill and if you are like me, you just can’t get enough of it. There is just something incomparably satisfying to watching your food cook over an open fire on a nice day.
As an enthusiast, I am always looking for ways to make my grilling turn out better. A lot of manufacturers would like you to believe that the key is a fancy new products, but come on. How fancy do you need something that uses fire and a bag of charcoal to be?
According to the product we will be looking at today, not very. The Po Man is a high-grade grill that forgoes the frilly features to focus on quality, and value. Today we will be taking a look at some of its features so you can decide for yourself if it is your next grill.
Po’ Man Charcoal Grill Review
It may be simple, and it certainly isn’t pretty, but the Po Man grill gets the job done. Of course, grilling is such a personal experience you will want the grill that best suits your needs.
Let’s take a look at some of the Po Man’s features to determine if it’s the right one for you.
- All the staples; The Po Man comes with everything that you could need for a charcoal grill: a large grill grate, a lock drip plate, and skewers. What it doesn’t have is a bunch of silly features that drive the cost of a grill up without improving the quality of your cooking.
Considering that what you are doing is cooking with fire, perhaps grilling is something that should stay simple.
- Huge Capacity: That’s one of the most important things that I look for in a grill before I buy. How much can it cook at once? If you have a lot of family or friends, you don’t want to keep people waiting when you’re on the grill.
The Po Man is a large capacity grill perfect for any summer cookout.
- It’s just a good grill: That’s what it really comes down to, isn’t it? The design of the Po Man is optimized to reach temperatures perfect for grilling, and that is exactly what it does.
Pros and Cons:
Now that you are aware of what this grill can do, let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons.
- Value: Generally speaking, high-functioning grills are going to set you back at least a couple of hundred dollars, if not more. Not this grill.
The chief function of the Po Man is to provide high quality results at a price that is affordable.
- Big: Usually for a grill this price you are getting a pretty small cooking surface that isn’t good for much more than cooking a few hot dogs and hamburgers.
Not so, here. The Po Man will have you cooking just as much, and just as well as the more expensive grills but at a fraction of the price.
- It’s a conversation starter: Don’t you like the idea of having a buddy over, telling them they have to see your new grill, then leading them out to a trashcan? I know that I do. The design of the Po Man is deliberately fun, and that is what you will have with it.
The only con here is if you wanted the bells and whistles. Obviously, a grill designed to look like a trash can does not have them.
There’s really nothing wrong with it if that is what you want, but it does mean that this probably isn’t the grill for you.
If you can look past that, you will be pleased to know that the Po Man functions as advertised, and has collected many very favorable reviews from owners pleased with its results on Amazon, and sites like it.
I found the cheapest place to buy the Po’ Man Charcoal grill was on Amazon.com, for $124.
I haven’t seen these at any supermarket, so your best bet might be to just get it online.
As I am sure you can tell, I am pretty fond of this grill.
I think that it is a clever product with a fun design that actually works.
That said, I also know that grilling is a very personal experience. Of course, you have to choose the grill that fits your needs, and your personality.
You’ll have to decide for yourself of course, but for what it’s worth I think you’d be getting a good deal with this product, and I know that I personally would never get tired of cooking ribs in a garbage can.